There has been a lot of bad press about auto mechanics, pretty much since I can remember needing work done on my car that I couldn’t do myself. As recently as this week (November 2014), Channel 7 ran a story (from ABC News) about how not to get taken advantage of by your mechanic quoting examples like a $1200 brake job.
Unfortunately, like with any industry, a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch in the eyes of the consumer. So, we would like to tell you more about the NAPA AutoCare Difference! Let’s start with the NAPA AutoCare Center 24 month/24,000 mile nationwide warranty. We truly are your neighborhood mechanics who care about our neighborhoods. Not just any auto repair shop can become a NAPA AutoCare Center. There are a number of principles that must be followed in order for an auto repair facility to become part of the NAPA AutoCare family:
Code of Ethics
THE NAPA AUTOCARE CENTER CODE OF ETHICS
Every member agrees to:
• Have at least one ASE-Certified technician on staff.
• Perform high-quality diagnostic and repair service at a fair price, using quality NAPA parts.
• Uphold the integrity of all members of the NAPA AutoCare Program.
• Maintain the highest standards of the repair service profession.
• Be dedicated to customer satisfaction.
• Obtain prior authorization and provide a price estimate for work to be performed.
• Exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while it is in the shop’s possession.
• Provide a system for fair settlement of customer complaints, should they occur.
One of our Members is the ASE Technician of the Year – two years running.
Our members are retraining their teams annually as technologies change. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is an independent, non-profit organization that tests and certifies individual automotive repair technicians based on skills, knowledge and experience. Our shop’s mechanics are given industry-best standards training as it come available. NAPA locally purchases a variety of training for it’s AutoCare Members.