Car repair and maintenance are part of everyone's life. No matter what car you drive from the latest hybrid to the oldest truck, you need to know a mechanic you can count on. Jim's Automotive has been servicing Albuquerque's vehicles since 1976. We service all makes and models of automobile, as well as most other Import and Domestic cars and light trucks. We can take care of all of your service needs, including new car warranty maintenance. If you are looking for a neighborhood auto repair shop that cares about it's neighborhood, stop by Jim's. We're here for you.
- Hybrid and Electric Specialists with ACDC Certification
- We understand European and Japanese automobile design and engineering. With our new 10 bay, modern facility, we are one of the most technically advanced independent shops in Albuquerque.
- Our ASE certified technicians have over 130 years of combined experience in European and Japanese auto repairs. We offer high quality repairs at competitive prices with 6 month and 6,000 mile or 12 month and 12,000 mile warranties.
- We refuse to sacrifice the integrity of your vehicle by using substandard parts; we use only OEM or quality equivalent parts. We stock a large quantity of popular parts.
- You can count on friendly, professional people to help you make intelligent decisions about your vehicle. This can save you time and money and reduce the stress of auto service. Your satisfaction is our goal. We are dedicated to providing high quality, clean automotive repairs in a timely manner. We will take the time to explain and help you learn about your car's needs.
- Although we use the latest technologies to repair your car, we still prefer to do some things the old fashioned way..."Fair and Square."
I owned and operated a large automotive repair shop in Los Lunas, New Mexico from March 1976 to January 1981. I was employed by the Public Service Co. of New Mexico from April 1981 to April 1986. I opened the present Jim's Automotive in 1986 and operated out of a large garage in my back yard while searching for an appropriate commercial location. In June 1987 I purchased a building at 4411 Lead Ave. S.E. It was a corner gas station in the 1950' and 60's. Family and friends helped me with the remodeling which took 34 days. Today we have what is considered by most a state of the art automotive repair facility with parts inventory and cutting edge special tools and equipment. We have a computerized office management and inventory control system and we were one of the first shops in the Albuquerque area to have a computerized CD ROM factory information system for our technicians; this is still relatively uncommon.
Our location has been excellent and our growth very strong. I chose this location because of its demographics. The traffic count is approximately 50,000 vehicles per day and we have two large housing areas and the "Nob Hill" shopping and dining district nearby. We also are very close to the University of New Mexico and the Albuquerque International Airport.